Tuition for J.D. and LL.M. Students: $67,792
- Full-Time: $33,896 per semester
- J.D. May-Entry Program: $22,597 Summer '22, $22,597 Fall '22, $22,598 Spring '23*
The per credit rate for J.D. students taking less than 7 credits per semester is $3,023
The per credit rate for LL.M. students taking less than 9 credits per semester is $3,227
Student Fees: $670
- $335 Fall '21 + $335 Spring '22
- J.D. May-Entry Program: $224 Summer '22 + $223 Fall '22 + $223 Spring '23*
* J.D. May-Entry students attend and pay for three consecutive semesters in the first year of law school.
Tuition for Other Degree Programs at Cardozo:
Estimated Living Expenses & Other Education Related Expenses
The estimated student budget allows for a simple graduate student lifestyle. This budget determines the total amount of aid (loans, grants, scholarships and resources) that a student may receive in an academic year.
Living Expense Budget for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- $15,000 (Fall and Spring) - $1,500 per month x 10 months (August - May)
- $18,000 (Summer, Fall and Spring) - $1,500 per month x 12 months (May - May)
- $6,000 (Fall and Spring)
- $8,004 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
- $1,200 (Fall and Spring)
- $1,200 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
- $1,143 (Fall and Spring) - $127 monthly NYC Metro Card x 9 months
- $1,524 (Summer, Fall and Spring) - $127 monthly NYC Metro Card x 12 months
- $ n/a (Fall and Spring) - Student health insurance coverage is from 8/15/22 - 8/14/23
- $ n/a (Summer, Fall and Spring) - Student health insurance coverage is from 5/15/22 - 8/14/23
*The published health insurance rates for the 2022-2023 academic year are subject to final approval by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYS DFS). Once officially approved, we will post the rates.
The student loan origination fee is based on a $20,500 federal Stafford loan is automatically added to students' financial aid budget. Additional origination fees will be added to students' financial aid budgets for those who take out a federal Graduate PLUS loan. Please click HERE to use or Student Loan Origination Fee Calculator.
- $216 (Fall and Spring)
- $216 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
- $2,400 (Fall and Spring)
- $3,204 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
- $31,089 (Fall and Spring)
- $38,463 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
Students who reside in The Benjamin (Cardozo's residence hall) will have the "Room" portion of their financial aid budget automatically increased to match the proper rate for the current academic year. Students who do not reside in The Benjamin may have their "Room" or any other estimated budget item within the annual Cost of Attendance reviewed for an increase through our Budget Adjustment Process (see below in Additional Information).
**Federal Loan Program Fees are included in the budget when applicable.
Total Cost of Attendance
2022-2023 Academic Year
- $29,284 (Fall and Spring)
- $36,299 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE
- $99,551 (Fall and Spring)
- $106,925 (Summer, Fall and Spring)
Budget Worksheet: Utilize this form to assist with calculating and determining the total amount of financial aid that you may need for the academic year.
Budget Adjustment Process: if you have any education related expenses that exceed Cardozo's cost of attendance budget, please review our Budget Adjustment Process.