Veterans Affairs Certifying Officer
- Jon Goldberg - Director of Student Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 646-592-6247
- Office of Student Finance - Room 1024 (10th floor).
*** As of 3/12/20, the office is open remotely ***
- Monday - Thursday (9am - 5:30pm)
- Friday (9am - 2:30pm)
*PLEASE NOTE* If you are eligible for VA education benefits, please email a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility to Jon Goldberg prior to the start of your first semester at Cardozo. VA certifications are processed on a per semester basis.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Cardozo School of Law proudly participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program. This program was established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 and provides educational benefits to eligible military veterans who have served on active duty since September 11, 2001.
During the 2020-2021 academic year, Cardozo School of Law will contribute an unlimited amount of funding (to be matched by the VA) for an unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans.
- Unlimited amount of funding means Cardozo School of Law will cover 50% of the remaining tuition and fees that exceeds the Post-9/11 GI Bill contribution. The VA will cover the other remaining 50% of the tuition and fees. 100% of the student’s tuition and fees would be covered!
- Unlimited number of qualifying post-9/11 veterans means Cardozo School of Law will offer Yellow Ribbon to every eligible veteran matriculating at Cardozo. Cardozo does not put a cap on the number of recipients per academic year.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: www.gibill.va.gov
- Post-9/11 GI Bill: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/post911_gibill.asp
- Yellow Ribbon Program:https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/post-9-11/yellow-ribbon-program/
- NY State Division of Veterans Affairs: www.veterans.ny.gov/
- Tutorial Assistance Program: https://www.va.gov/education/about-gi-bill-benefits/how-to-use-benefits/tutor-assistance/
- Veterans Administration on Education forms: https://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/handouts_forms.asp
- Veterans Affairs: www.va.gov
- Veterans Affairs Home Loans: www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/
- Veterans Affairs Insurance: www.insurance.va.gov/miscellaneous/index.htm
- WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment): www.gibill.va.gov/wave/index.do
Transcripts for Military Service/Training:
- US Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.: https://jst.doded.mil/jst/
- U.S. Air Force transcripts: https://www.airuniversity.af.edu/Barnes/CCAF/Display/Article/803247/community-college-of-the-air-force-transcripts/