Spotlight on News From the Cardozo Community
Faculty in the Media
- Professor Myriam Gilles commented on forced arbitration in The Washington Post.
- Professor Pamela Foohey Discussed Johnson & Johnson Chapter 11 Case in Law360.
- Professor Jessica Roth commented on the Ghislaine Maxwell trial in New York Magazine and TIME Magazine. She also commented on the Elizabeth Holmes trial on CNN.com.
- Professor Ekow Yankah discussed jury selection process on WBEZ's Reset Podcast.
- Professor Kate Shaw appeared on ABC News to discuss SCOTUS and Dobbs vs. Jackson Women's Health.
- Professor Gabor Rona wrote in Just Security about torture evidence.
Faculty Scholarship and News
- Professor Jocelyn Getgen Kestenbaum wrote a chapter for the book “Gender and International Criminal Law," which had a pre-book launch on December 1.
- Professor Ngozi Okidegbe presented her paper "Discredited Data" at the 2021 Vanderbilt Criminal Justice Roundtable on November 12-13 and presented at Cornell Law's Tech/Law Colloquium on December 3. She was appointed as a visiting fellow at Yale ISP and her paper, "The Democratizing Potential of Algorithms?", was reviewed in Jotwell.
- Professor Deborah Pearlstein will participate in the New York City Bar's webcast "Protecting Our Constitutional Democracy" on December 15.
- Professor Alex Reinert briefed New York legislators and their staff on December 1 on legislation pending in New York that would end qualified immunity.
- Professor Edward Zelinsky submitted a comment to the Department of Labor titled Comment of Proposed Department of Labor Regulations on ESG Investing, Prudence and Loyalty.
Follow the Law, Break the Mold: An Interview with Sarah Feingold, Etsy's First General Counsel
presented by the The FAME Center and the Cardozo Women Alumni Group
Thursday, December 2