B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and Taxing the Church (Oxford, 2017). His articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He is now a director of the Connecticut Retirement Security Authority. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- Nov 21, 2018 Professor Ed Zelinsky: It's Time to Raise the Retirement Age Again
- Oct 18, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in Law360 on New Procedure for Reviewing Treasury Tax Regulations
- Oct 12, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Speaks to Bloomberg News About NY's Request to IRS to Cancel Limits on Charitable Deductions
- Oct 9, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Says in Law360: "Justices Will Side With Federal Retirees in W.Va. Tax Case"
- Oct 6, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in OUPblog: The Logan Act Should Be Repealed
- Sep 20, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Examines New Federal Tax Law
- Aug 27, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Named One of 10 Most-Cited Tax Faculty in U.S.
- Aug 17, 2018 Law360 Recommends Professor Zelinsky's Book as Summer Reading
- Aug 15, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Says in Bloomberg Wealthy New Yorkers Leaving New York Should Assume They'll Be Audited
- Aug 8, 2018 Professor Zelinsky on Why He Opposes the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article