B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and Taxing the Church (Oxford, 2017). His articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He is now a director of the Connecticut Retirement Security Authority. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- Jan 19, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in Law360: SCOTUS Signals Interest in 2nd State Tax Case
- Jan 17, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in Law360 on Whether Railroad Company Employees' Stock Options Are Taxable
- Jan 16, 2018 Supreme Court Takes Up Online Sales Tax Case: Professor Zelinsky Speaks to Bloomberg Radio
- Jan 15, 2018 Justices Likely To Set New Tax Standard For Remote Vendors: Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Law360
- Jan 9, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Chicago Tribune
- Jan 8, 2018 Taxation and Religion in 2018: Professor Zelinsky Looks In-Depth at Two Important Issues
- Jan 1, 2018 Professor Zelinsky's Op-Ed Letter in the Wall Street Journal: "High Taxes in New York Are Your Problem, Gov. Cuomo"
- Dec 4, 2017 What Should Congress Do About the Johnson Amendment? Professor Zelinsky Weighs in on OUPblog
- Nov 20, 2017 Professor Zelinsky in Bloomberg Businessweek on Driverless-Car Pioneer's New Religion
- Nov 17, 2017 Cardozo's Tax Law Program Ranked Top in Country
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article