B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and Taxing the Church (Oxford, 2017). His articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He is now a director of the Connecticut Retirement Security Authority. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- May 7, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in OUPblog: Section 4968 and Broad-Based Endowment Taxation
- Apr 16, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Law360 on SCOTUS Case on Internet Sales Tax
- Apr 13, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Comments on SCOTUS Railroad Stock Case in Law360
- Apr 10, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Standard-Examiner
- Apr 9, 2018 In The Washington Post, Professor Zelinsky Discusses Debate Over President Trump's Statements on Amazon's Tax Collection Practices
- Mar 26, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Criticizes Proposed Tax Incentives for New Amazon Headquarters
- Mar 23, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Law360, "Tax Court Ruling Could Widen Divide Over Substance Doctrine"
- Mar 6, 2018 SCOTUSblog References Professor Zelinsky's Blog Post on South Dakota v. Wayfair
- Feb 27, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Law360 on Supreme Court Internet Sales Tax Case
- Jan 19, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in Law360: SCOTUS Signals Interest in 2nd State Tax Case
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article