B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and Taxing the Church (Oxford, 2017). His articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He is now a director of the Connecticut Retirement Security Authority. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- Aug 8, 2018 Professor Zelinsky on Why He Opposes the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact
- Jul 24, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Quoted in Forbes on Case Over Housing Tax Break for Ministers
- Jul 17, 2018 In Bloomberg, Professor Zelinsky Says States' Lawsuit Over Cap on Federal Tax Deduction Has Little Chance of Success
- Jul 10, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in Law360 on Judge Kavanaugh's Tax Opinions
- Jul 9, 2018 Professor Zelinsky's Op-Ed in Law360: Interpreting Complex Statutes - When to Go Beyond the Text
- Jul 6, 2018 In Law360, Professor Zelinsky Comments on Tax Provision Exempting Clergy Housing
- Jul 2, 2018 Professor Zelinsky: How Wayfair Opens the Door to Taxing Internet Sales
- Jun 28, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Speaks to Bloomberg Law About Aftermath of Wayfair Decision
- Jun 26, 2018 Professor Zelinsky Applauds SCOTUS Railroad Tax Law Decision in Law360
- Jun 4, 2018 Professor Zelinsky in OUPblog: Taxing Donor-Advised Funds
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article