Cardozo School of Law rose four places to number 52 in the U.S. News & World Report law school rankings this year, continuing a multi-year upward trajectory. Cardozo has jumped 23 places in the rankings over the past four years. In addition, Cardozo’s alternative dispute resolution program was ranked eighth in the country and first in New York City, and the intellectual property program was ranked 13th nationally and second in New York City.
Cardozo’s momentum is the result of the five-year strategic plan that Dean Melanie Leslie implemented in 2016. The plan entailed:
- A top-to-bottom rebuilding and expansion of the Office of Career Services
- A strategy to attract an increasingly well-qualified student body
- New supports for faculty scholarship, including the appointment of a dean for faculty development and enhancements to the Office of Communications and Marketing
- Hiring new academic and clinical faculty
- Expanding curricular offerings in legal-market growth areas, including blockchain and the law; data, privacy and cybersecurity; media, arts, entertainment, sports and fashion; and commercial real estate
“I am grateful to work with an outstanding administrative team and a passionately intellectual faculty devoted to teaching and scholarship,” said Dean Leslie. “Together, they make Cardozo a very special place that transforms the lives of our students."
About Cardozo: Cardozo School of Law, located on lower Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, is a law school with a focus on foundational values of leadership, innovation, activism and ambition. A leader in technology, business and law, Cardozo is known for having a creative and entrepreneurial approach in all fields of law.
Cardozo Law is the birthplace of the Innocence Project and visionary programs in intellectual property and information law. The Cardozo Data Law Initiative, the Tech Startup Clinic and the Indie Film Clinic are examples of recent programs. The Cardozo faculty is ranked 32nd in the nation for scholarly impact. Cardozo’s FAME Center provides leadership in fashion, arts, media and entertainment law and the law school is pioneering new programs at the intersection of business, law and digital technologies.
For more information contact:
Assistant Dean of Communications