B.A., 1996, Harvard University
Ph.D., 2005, University of California, Berkeley
J.D., 2005, University of California, Berkeley
Areas of Expertise
Professor Wu's doctorate studies in computer science are foundational to his information law scholarship, which spans freedom of speech, privacy law, and intellectual property law. He has previously written on the limits of online intermediary immunity and on understanding the role of data de-identification in law. His current work explores the relationship between data privacy and theories of free expression.
Professor Wu was previously an associate at Covington & Burling in San Francisco. In 2006-7, he clerked for Judge Sandra L. Lynch of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit. Immediately prior to coming to Cardozo, he was an intellectual property associate at Fish & Richardson in Boston.
Professor Wu received his undergraduate degree in 1996 in computer science summa cum laude from Harvard. He is a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Beta Kappa.
The Constitutionality of Consumer Privacy Regulation, 2013 U. Chi. Legal F. 69.
Defining Privacy and Utility in Data Sets, 84 U. Colo. L. Rev. 1117 (2013).
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 942
New York, NY 10003
Felix Wu in the news
- Apr 26, 2018 Professor Wu to Speak About Data Privacy at University of Lisbon
- Feb 22, 2018 Professor Wu to Speak in Frankfurt on Panel About Social Media Regulation
- Dec 7, 2017 Cardozo to Accept GRE Scores For 2018 School Year
- May 18, 2017 IP Professor Felix Wu Speaks at Data Protection Conference in Germany
- Jul 12, 2016 EU, U.S. Agree on Data Sharing Pact: Professor Felix Wu Quoted in USA Today
- Jul 12, 2016 Professor Felix Wu Comments in the AP on New Data-Sharing Rules for EU and U.S.
- Mar 9, 2016 Prof. Felix Wu Quoted in Forbes on Big Data: How a Big Business Asset Turns Into A Huge Liability
- Jan 29, 2016 Prof. Felix Wu Speaks to Bloomberg Radio on the Expiration of the 'Safe Harbor' Agreement
- Sep 21, 2015 Cardozo Law Expands Data Law Program
- Aug 14, 2015 Cardozo Welcomes Professors Wu and Buccafusco as Tenured Faculty