1. All guests must be invited by appointment only. No events are open to the general public. While New York City is classified as having a “substantial” or “high” risk of community transmission, guests for events are limited to speakers or panelists.
2. All invited visitors must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated 24 hours prior to their appointment, in order to be permitted to enter the building.
3. All visitors must also abide by our policy of wearing a mask everywhere in the building, unless actively eating or drinking, at all times.
Only the following departments and groups are permitted to invite guests to campus:
Academic Centers, including clinics
SBA-recognized student groups (for student-sponsored programs), including journals and honors societies.
Here are the procedures to follow if you are inviting a guest to the building:
Name of guest, proof of vaccination, and the guest's appointment date and time, should be submitted, at least 24 hours before the guest’s appointment.
Faculty members should forward the visitor’s name, appointment time, and proof of vaccination to Josie Tirado in the Dean's Office.
Administrators, associate deans, and directors should collect the guest’s name and proof of vaccination and then share the approved guest’s name to Cardozo security.
SBA-recognized student groups should send the guest's name and proof of vaccination to the Office of Student Services.
Please note that a delay in completing these steps may cause the guest to be delayed as they enter the building.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 Delta variant data and will update this policy as circumstances change.
COVID-19 Student Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 Student Vaccination Policy
Fall 2022 COVID Regulations for Students
Testing Prior to the Start of Classes
All students must submit a negative PCR Covid or at-home test prior to their return. All 1Ls must submit proof of vaccination and proof of at least one booster. Please send a negative PCR or antigen test, either lab-issued or at-home, negative COVID test to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly COVID testing
1. Masks must be worn in classrooms, elevators, and designated areas of the library. (Note: Faculty at podiums in large classes may remove their masks.)
2. We strongly encourage everyone to wear masks throughout the law school, including in hallways and all common areas.
3. Please wear a high-quality mask (N95, KN95, and KF94).
If a roommate, family member, or another person you live with tests positive you must:
2. Take a PCR or antigen test, either lab-issued or at-home, within 1-2 days; if positive, you must report the positive result to the Office of Student Services and follow the quarantine protocol below for positive cases.
3. When your rapid or PCR test is negative, you must send an image to email@example.com prior to re-entry to the building.
Students Who Test Positive Must
2. Quarantine for at least 5 days from the date of testing.
3. Fully vaccinated and boosted students who are asymptomatic after 5 days from their positive diagnosis must test negative in a PCR or at-home test and must send an image to firstname.lastname@example.org before returning to campus.
We will record all classes so that students who test positive, are feeling unwell or have any symptoms can remain home and access their classes and materials.
Any questions should be directed to the Office of Student Services. We will continue to monitor the health status in New York City and update these protocols as necessary. Thank you for your cooperation.