Spotlight on news from the Cardozo community.
Faculty in the Media
- Professor Kate Shaw offered insight on Texas abortion ban to ABC News.
- Professor Ed Zelinsky was named one of the most-cited tax faculty at the 68 most-cited law schools.
- Professor Pamela Foohey commented in USA Today on the Boy Scouts USA bankruptcy case.
- Professor Alex Reinert was quoted in HuffPost on Senator McCarthy’s implication that a Capitol Riot Probe Is illegal.
- Professor Sam Weinstein spoke to The Wall Street Journal about Apple's fight over the App Store.
Faculty Scholarship and News
- Professor Ngozi Okidegbe moderated a panel called "Regulating to Address Racial Logics in Algorithmic Systems" at the Electronic Privacy Information Center, on Sept. 21.
- Professor Christopher Buccafusco spoke to the Intellectual Property Owners Association on Aug. 18 about how the design patent bar regulations discriminate against female attorneys.
- Professor Ekow Yankah addressed the New York City Racial Justice Commission on Aug. 24, in its work to remake the City Charter along more racially just lines. He discussed expanding our democracy, and how to build a conception of voting as compulsory as an address to our historically questioning and undermining Black Americans as full citizens.
An op-ed in Bloomberg on NFTs quoted Cardozo Arts & Entertainment Law Journal.
Twenty Years Later: The Path of the Law Post-9/11
Friday, September 10 at 12 p.m.
Floersheimer Center Annual Supreme Court Term Preview