Areas of Expertise
Val Myteberi is responsible for growing the success of graduate and international programs, as well as for future innovation at Cardozo. She is a member of the law school’s senior leadership team, playing a critical role in shaping the law school’s overall strategic direction. She works closely with other administrators, faculty, and staff to ensure that graduate students receive an excellent education and that international collaborations and partnerships enrich the entire Cardozo community. Val is in charge of The Masters of Laws (LL.M) and The Doctor of Juridical Science (J.S.D) program leadership, management and oversight, recruiting and advising graduate students and working in close cooperation with the Dean’s office and faculty to ensure the needs of graduate students are accounted for and integrated in the overall academic and professional development programs. She is also responsible for negotiating agreements on behalf of Cardozo and building partnerships with global educational, private and public partner institutions, expanding opportunities for students and Cardozo worldwide.
Val holds a Masters of Laws with a concentration in corporate law from Cardozo School of Law and an LL.B. from University of Tirana, Albania. She was formerly the Program Director of The Samuel and Ronnie Heyman Center on Corporate Governance, where she worked on an international scale and across academic, research, diplomatic and non-governmental partners acting as a persuasive advocate for The Center’s priorities. She has organized dozens of symposia, colloquia and conferences with top professionals in various areas of the law. At The Center, her work has increased exposure to and engagement with contemporary banking, corporate and securities laws. She has conducted extensive research and analysis on new comprehensive financial reform regulations in the U.S., UK and the EU, with a special focus on systemic risk, prudential supervision, expansion of agency enforcement powers and supervisory regimes after the Dodd-Frank Act, Basel III requirements, and FSA directives. During the winter intersession Val teaches a deal-making class, called ITRANS.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Val Myteberi in the news
- Jan 10, 2019 New LL.M. Class Joins Cardozo Community
- Feb 22, 2018 Cardozo's Leadership in Law and Business Program Featured in The International Jurist
- Jan 9, 2018 Cardozo's Fashion Law Program Highlighted in LLM Guide
- Jul 10, 2017 Cardozo Law Hosts Global Leadership in Law & Business Program
- Feb 19, 2016 Intensive Transactional Lawyering Program (ITRANS) Immerses Students in Transactional Work
- Jan 21, 2016 Cardozo Law Showcases LL.M. and FAME Programs in Paris
- Oct 29, 2015 Cardozo Law's LL.M. Program
- Jun 15, 2015 Valbona Myteberi Appointed Assistant Dean of LL.M. and International Programs