Areas of Expertise
Jillian Gautier is the Program Director of the Samuel & Ronnie Heyman Center on Corporate Governance at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, as well as an Adjunct Professor of Law, teaching the Intensive Transactional Lawyering Program (ITRANS) and Contract Drafting. She directs the Heyman Scholars program and provides mentorship and guidance to students interested in practicing corporate law. She also creates and develops programs, events and symposiums with top professionals in various areas of corporate and business law, increasing Cardozo's exposure to and engagement with contemporary finance, banking and securities law experts and regulators.
Prior to joining Cardozo, Ms. Gautier was a senior associate at Kirkland & Ellis LLP and subsequently at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP. Her practice consisted of a variety of corporate transactions, including debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, and recapitalizations. She began her legal career as a Staff Attorney at the Loan Syndications and Trading Association. Ms. Gautier received her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law where she served as an Articles Editor of the Seton Hall Law Review and as a Senior Research Fellow of the Center for Policy and Research, and she received her B.S. from The University of Scranton. She is admitted to the New York bar.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Jillian Gautier in the news
- Oct 17, 2018 Cardozo's Business Law Program Receives "A+" in preLaw Magazine
- Mar 2, 2018 Heyman Center Team Wins Best Draft at LawMeet
- Nov 18, 2016 Cardozo Law's Business Law Program Named As One of Best in Country by preLaw Magazine
- Mar 2, 2016 Cardozo Law Team Wins Southeastern Regional Transactional LawMeet
- Feb 19, 2016 Intensive Transactional Lawyering Program (ITRANS) Immerses Students in Transactional Work