There is nothing more important for lawyers, law students and law professors than serving the greater public good. The Center for Public Service Law (CPSL) helps immeasurably in emphasizing Cardozo's commitment to this ideal and in helping students find meaningful ways to engage in public service.
Many Cardozo students pursue opportunities in the area of public service and public interest that are coordinated by the CPSL. These activities include panels and symposia, clinics, career opportunities, internships, clerkships, public interest stipends and the loan repayment assistance program, along with new and creative initiatives.
Together with the Office of Career Services, CPSL offers students the following:
- Directories to help you find your public service internship
- Timelines for your public interest job search (pre- & post-graduation)
- The NYU Public Defender Handbook
- Summer funding for internships in the pubic sector
- Outside funding options
Working with the Judiciary:
- Advice for students applying for a judicial internship
- Timelines for summer judicial internships
- The Post-Graduate Judicial Clerkship Application Assistance Program