Each year, Cardozo students participate in numerous legal and legal-related career fairs that are not affiliated with the law school’s internal recruiting programs. The Office of Career Services encourages students to participate in such events.
Students are exposed to a wider range of opportunities to interview and potentially obtain legal employment. Organizers of the fairs also set up information tables at the events where students can learn more about the employers.
Career fairs may be organized: (1) by REGION, allowing students to explore opportunities outside of the New York City metropolitan area; (2) by AREAS OF LEGAL SPECIALTY, allowing students to explore a specific practice area, e.g., public interest, patent law; or (3) to promote DIVERSITY, providing students with access to employers who have expressed a commitment to increasing and/or improving diversity within their ranks. Additionally, they are sponsored by a wide range of legal organizations and associations. The format of career fairs vary. Some are formal interviews, where students will be interviewed at the event by an attorney representing the specific employer. Others may be "table talk," where employers set up information tables, and speak to students one-on-one about their organization. Employers at table talk career fairs do not conduct formal interviews. However, they may take a student's resume and other application materials if they are interested in interviewing that student at a later date.
Some of the career fairs in which Cardozo students participate include:
- American Bar Association (ABA) Law Student Division Career Fair
- Bay Area Diversity Career Fair
- Boston Lawyers Group Law Students of Color Job Fairs
- Delaware Minority Job Fair for First-Year Law Students
- Delaware Minority Job Fair for Second- and Third-Year Law Students
- DuPont Legal Minority Job Fairs
- Equal Justice Works Conference/Career Fair
- Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair
- Hispanic National Bar Association Annual Career Fair
- IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students and Attorneys with Disabilities
- Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair
- Loyola Patent Law Interview Program
- Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference
- National Black Law Students Association (NBLSA) Regional Job Fairs
- National Black Prosecutors Association Annual Job Fair
- National Latino/a Law Student Association Job Fair
- National LGBT Bar Association Annual Career Fair
- New Hampshire Legal Interview Program
- Northwest Minority Job Fair
- Public Interest Legal Career Fair (at NYU Law)
- Partnership for Public Service Career and Internship Fair
- Public Interest Legal Career Reception (at Fordham Law)
- Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair
- San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association (SFIPLA) Bay Area Job Fair
- Tri-State Diversity Recruiting Program
- Vault/MCCA Legal Diversity Job Fair
- Virginia Bar Association Diversity Job Fair
- West Coast Interview Program
Click here for information on reimbursement for attending career-related conferences and job fairs.