Twenty-one Group Study Rooms for group discussion and conversation are located on various floors in the Library. Group Study Rooms are intended for the use of two or more people and not for private study by a single individual.
Individual study carrels for private study are found on the perimeter of the 8th floor. Each carrel has a power outlet.
The Special Reading Room on the 7th floor and the Shlansky Family Library of Jewish and Israeli Law on the 8th floor are large enclosed spaces for quiet individual study.
Group Study Rooms can be reserved online up to one week in advance: https://cardozolaw.libcal.com/reserve/studyrooms
In order to reserve a Group Study Room, students must adhere to the following procedures.
1. Students will make a reservation using only their own @law.cardozo.yu.edu or @yu.edu email address.
2. The student making the reservation will receive an email with a confirmation link. Once clicking on the link in the email the student must click "Verify Email" on the webpage. The reservation must be confirmed within 30 minutes of receiving the email or the reservation will be cancelled.
3. Each student may reserve a Group Study Room for up to 2 hours per day.
4. Use of a study room is a privilege and reservations are done on the honor system. Students attempting to circumvent the 2-hour per day limitation are abusing this trust and preventing their fellow classmates from using the study rooms. Accordingly, such students may be barred from making future study room reservations.
5. Students must check out a Room Key at the Circulation Desk.
6. Students must promptly return the Room Key to the Circulation Desk following the conclusion of their allotted time in order to avoid penalties ($.50/hour).
Please contact the Circulation Desk at 212.790.0285 with any questions.