Welcome to Cardozo School of Law! As you prepare to join our community, we hope the information provided in the links below will help facilitate the process.
Your first steps:
- Confirm your participation in the program by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review the PreArrival Checklist - Fall 2019
International students who require a visa to study at Cardozo Law:
- Complete the Application for Form DS-2019 (J-1 Professors, Researches & Exhange Students) available on the YU International Students Application Forms and Resources page.
Any questions about student visa or immigration matters should be directed to the Office of International Students & Scholars at 646.592.4203 or OISS@yu.edu.
Preparing for your arrival:
- View the Academic Calendar for your semester
- Browse the Cardozo Course Catalog to get a sense of courses offered
- The upcoming semester's course list and registration instructions have been posted to the Cardozo Registrar's page
- Consider your housing options: On- and Off-Campus Housing Information, Cardozo dorm housing application, and Apartment Search Tips
Cardozo has a residence hall close to campus, called The Alabama and The Benjamin. Unfortunately, spaces are very limited for exchange students. Please see the admitted student website with information and advice about other housing, and be sure also to read the information on off-campus housing and the CANVAS pages as those also have tips on finding housing.
- To review the healthcare coverage, please visit the student health insurance page
- Join the Cardozo incoming LL.M. Facebook Page
- Remember to register for classes between Monday, July 15th at 9:00 AM (EST) until Thursday, July 18th at 12:00 PM (EST). International exchange students register for classes via fax to (212) 790-0341 or via a PDF emailed to email@example.com. Comprehensive information regarding registration, and an invitation to an online workshop, will be emailed to you in early July.
- View the Draft Orientation and Introduction To US Law Schedule Fall 2019 beginning August 13, 2019 (*new 7/15/19)
- Gather the 2019 required immunization and contact information documents due by Friday, August 16, 2019 (*new 7/15/19)
Computer/Technology Information for New Students
- Technology Requirement for Buying a Laptop
- University Technology Resources Use Handbook
- YU Information Technology Services Information Page
Get to know Cardozo Law:
- Cardozo Law on YouTube
- Cardozo Law on Twitter
- Cardozo Law on Facebook
- Cardozo Law LL.M. Program Page on Facebook
- Calendar of Events
- LL.M. Program
- Visiting International Faculty and Scholars
New York City and You: