Welcome to Cardozo School of Law! As you prepare to join our community, we hope the information provided in the links below will help facilitate the process.
Your first steps:
- Confirm your participation in the program by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review the PreArrival Checklist - Fall 2014
International students who require a visa to study at Cardozo Law:
- Complete the Application for Form DS-2019 (J-1 Professors, Researches & Exhange Students) available on the YU International Students Application Forms and Resources page.
Any questions about student visa or immigration matters should be directed to the Office of International Students & Scholars at 646.592.4203 or OISS@yu.edu.
Preparing for your arrival:
- View the Academic Calendar for your semester
- Browse the Cardozo Course Catalog to get a sense of courses offered
- Watch your email for an announcement that the upcoming semester's course list and registration instructions have been posted to the Cardozo intranet.
- Consider your housing options: On- and Off-Campus Housing Information , Cardozo dorm housing application, and Apartment Search Tips
Cardozo has a residence hall close to campus, called The Alabama. Unfortunately, spaces are very limited for exchange students. The housing application for the Alabama is available above and you are welcome to submit an application (disregard the deadline listed.) If you wish to be added to the list of exchange students interested in living at the Alabama, email Selene Steelman in the Office of Admissions and write "Exchange Student Alabama Request" in the subject line. Please see the admitted student website with information and advice about other housing, and be sure also to read the information on off-campus housing and the “Unofficial LL.M. Guide to New York” posted above, as those also have tips on finding housing.
- Consider Health Insurance (information coming Summer 2014)
- Join the Cardozo incoming LL.M. Facebook Page
- Remember to register for classes on or after July 22. International exchange students register for classes via fax to (212) 790-0341 or via a PDF emailed to email@example.com on or after July 22. Comprehensive information regarding registration, and an invitation to an online workshop, will be emailed to you in early July.
- View the schedule for orientation and Introduction to US Law beginning August 14 (*new 7/3/14)
- Gather required immunization documents due by Friday, August 22, 2014 (*new 7/3/14)
Computer/Technology Information for New Students
- Technology Requirement for Buying a Laptop
- University Technology Resources Use Handbook
- YU Information Technology Services Information Page
Get to know Cardozo Law:
- Cardozo Law on YouTube
- Cardozo Law on Twitter
- Cardozo Law on Facebook
- Cardozo Law LL.M. Program Page on Facebook
- Calendar of Events
- LL.M. Program
- Visiting International Faculty and Scholars
New York City and You: