B.A., 1989, New York University
J.D., 1994, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
LL.M., 2003, Columbia University
Areas of Expertise
Sheri Rosenberg is Assistant Clinical Professor of Law and Director of the Human Rights and Genocide Clinic & Program in Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Studies at Cardozo School of Law. She has worked in the areas of civil rights and international human rights with a specific focus on issues of discrimination, equality, and genocide.
In 2000, the U.S. Department of State selected Professor Rosenberg to work for the Human Rights Chamber, a quasi-international court established under the Dayton Peace Agreement, in Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina. Before coming to Cardozo, she was awarded a Human Rights Fellowship at Columbia Law School, where she worked for the United Nations, Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, Policy Branch, and completed her LL.M with honors.
Her research interests include equality and non-discrimination in international law, minority rights, refugee law, transitional justice and genocide prevention. She recently published Responsibility to Protect: A Framework for Prevention, Global Responsibility to Protect 1:4 442-477 (2009); Promoting Equality after Genocide, 16 Tul. J. In't L 329-393 (2008) and What's Law Got to do With It? The Bosnia v. Serbia Decision's Impact on Reconciliation, 61 Rutgers L Rev 131-159 (2008). She speaks widely about, and trains government officials on, issues related to the law and mass atrocity.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003
Sheri Rosenberg in the news
- Apr 22, 2015 Professor Sheri Rosenberg Named 2015 Peace Ambassador by The Center for Peacebuilding
- Apr 9, 2015 Professor Sheri Rosenberg to Receive Outstanding Educator Award at the Spirit of Anne Frank Awards Gala
- Mar 13, 2015 Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Launches Cardozo Law Institute in Holocaust and Human Rights
- Sep 18, 2014 Human Rights and Genocide Clinic Wins Victory in Ecuador: Time for Individuals to Request Asylum Extended
- Jun 23, 2014 Human Rights Clinic Files Amicus Against Ecuador Asylum Decree
- Jun 16, 2014 Human Rights and Genocide Clinic Releases Amicus Brief Calling on Ecuador to Revoke Decree on Refugees
- May 23, 2014 Human Rights & Genocide Clinic Releases Compendium Detailing Blasphemy Laws Challenging Human Rights Worldwide
- Sep 11, 2013 Cardozo Law Announces Telford Taylor International Human Rights Clinical Teaching Fellowship
- Mar 7, 2012 Bosnia, minority rights and the principles of international intervention