The Office of Student Services and Advising can assist you with a variety of academic questions as well as personal issues you may experience during your time in law school.
The Office of Student Services and Advising can assist you with:
- Course selection and academic planning based upon your academic and career interests
- Interpreting law school academic policies and procedures
- Guidance on studying, class preparation and exams
- Developing a strategy to imprve your academic performance
- Referral to academic resources
For individualized instruction on legal writing and analysis you may contact Professor Leslie Newman at the Lawyering & Legal Writing Center at the contact information below. For one-on-one academic tutoring, you may contact Zelma Rios at the contact information below. (These services are free of charge).
We can help you manage the pressures of law school as well as outside challenges that are compromising your ability to function. Such factors can include, but are not limited to, emotional distress, academic difficulties, family problems, physical illness, substance abuse, and sexual assault or harrassment. If you experience difficulties in or out of law school, or need special support services, you are strongly encouraged to meet with a member of the Office to discuss your situtation. For problems that cannot be handled within the Office, referrals to other resources are available.