B.A. 1986, Queens College
J.D. 1989, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Areas of Expertise
Michael J. Wildes is Managing Partner of Wildes & Weinberg and a former Federal Prosecutor with the United States Attorney's Office in Brooklyn (1989-1993). Mr. Wildes has testified on Capitol Hill in connection with anti-terrorism legislation and is internationally renowned for his successful representation of several defectors who have provided difficult to obtain national security information. He is frequently a legal commentator/analyst for network television, most recently in connection with the terrorist threats facing the United States. He is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York, where he teaches immigration law, and writes a monthly column on immigration for The Jewish Press. From 2004 through 2010, Mr. Wildes was also the Mayor of Englewood, New Jersey–where he resides.
Michael Wildes in the news
- Feb 7, 2017 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes in the Independent on President Trump's Immigration Ban
- Feb 3, 2017 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes Appears on Fox News, CNN and the BBC to Discuss Temporary Halt of President Trump's Immigration Ban
- Aug 4, 2016 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes in Billboard Magazine: "The Story of the Man Who Saved John Lennon & Yoko Ono From Being Deported"
- Jun 22, 2016 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes Appears on Fox News to Discuss Investigation Into Orlando Mass Shooting
- May 11, 2016 Adjunct Prof. Michael Wildes Mentioned in Newsweek Cover Story For His Work Getting Asylum for 'Lone Survivor' Savior
- Apr 16, 2016 Adjunct Prof. Michael Wildes Discusses on MSNBC the Supreme Court's Challenge to President Obama's Executive Order on Immigration
- Dec 18, 2014 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes Debates NYPD Retraining Program on Fox & Friends
- Dec 10, 2014 Leon and Michael Wildes Appear on MSNBC to Speak on Executive Immigration Order
- Jul 23, 2014 Adjunct Professor Michael Wildes on Immigration Border Crisis
- Jul 10, 2014 Professor Michael Wildes on CNN on Immigration and "Crisis on the Border"