B.A., 1972; M.A., J.D., 1975; M.Phil., 1978; Yale University
Areas of Expertise
Professor Zelinsky is the author of The Origins of the Ownership Society (Oxford, 2007) and his articles have appeared in many publications including Harvard Law Review, Yale Law Journal, Columbia Law Review, Virginia Tax Review, Cardozo Law Review, Tax Notes and State Tax Notes. He frequently lectures before professional groups on tax issues and has testified before Congress, most recently, before subcommittees of the House Judiciary Committee. Among his public service activities, Professor Zelinsky, who lives in New Haven, served seven terms on that community's Board of Alderman and for three and one-half years on New Haven's Board of Finance. He was an editor of the Yale Law Journal, a teaching fellow in the Yale University Department of Economics, and law clerk to Judge J. Joseph Smith of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Professor Zelinsky blogs on Oxford University Press.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 941
New York, NY 10003
Edward Zelinsky in the news
- Aug 31, 2016 Professor Edward Zelinsky Appointed to Board of the Connecticut Retirement Security Authority
- Jul 4, 2016 Professor Edward Zelinsky Proposes Eight Member Supreme Court in Blog Post
- Jun 14, 2016 Prof. Zelinsky Writes About Bringing Back the Electoral College in the Huffington Post
- May 29, 2016 Prof. Ed Zelinsky Quoted in The Wichita Eagle: "Kansas Legislators Amass Full-Time Pensions From Part-Time Jobs"
- Feb 7, 2016 Prof. Ed Zelinsky in Forbes: Kentucky Can Attract Tourists Who Like Bible More Than Bourbon Without Violating First Amendment
- Sep 30, 2015 Prof. Edward Zelinsky on Donald Trump's Tax Plan
- Jul 6, 2015 Professor Ed Zelinsky: The Continuing Benefits (and Costs) of the Giving Pledge
- Jun 2, 2015 Professor Ed Zelinsky: President Obama, the Senate, and State Private-Sector Retirement Laws
- Apr 13, 2015 Professor Ed Zelinsky in the Wall Street Journal: Around NYC’s Income Tax in 183 Days
- Apr 7, 2015 Professor Ed Zelinsky - Indiana’s RFRA Statute: A Plea for Civil Discourse
More from Edward Zelinsky
- Oct 30, 2014 A Summary of Faculty Scholarly Work, 2013-14
- Mar 13, 2014 Professor Zelinsky's Article Cited in "Amazon Law" Decision
- Apr 29, 2013 Edward Zelinsky Speaks on "Retirement in a Defined Contribution World"
- Jan 17, 2013 Ed Zelinsky Publishes Tax Article