Areas of Expertise
David Morrison is the director of Cardozo’s Indie Film Clinic, a not-for-profit program that provides transactional counsel to independent and documentary filmmakers, and a visiting assistant clinical professor at Cardozo. Since its launch in January 2011, The Indie Film Clinic has provided legal services to over 50 films, with clients screening at leading U.S. and international film festivals including Cannes, Sundance, Berlin, South by Southwest, Rotterdam, the Tribeca Film Festival and more.
He lectures frequently on legal topics in film production and currently serves on the Law School Advisory Board of the Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel. Professor Morrison received a B.S. from the University of Alabama, J.D. from the William & Mary College of Law and an LL.M. in Intellectual Property from Cardozo.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10003
David Morrison in the news
- May 18, 2015 Cardozo's Indie Film Clinic Featured in The National Law Journal: Students Earn Credits - Movie Credits, That Is
- Mar 11, 2015 Indie Film Clinic Client Debuts in NYC, Nominated for Independent Spirit Award
- Jan 12, 2015 The Indie Film Clinic Picked as One of Most Innovative in Country: The National Jurist
- Nov 13, 2014 Cardozo Law's Indie Film Clinic Honored as Top 15 Most Innovative in U.S. by PreLaw Magazine
- Nov 10, 2014 Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund to Support The Indie Film Clinic at Cardozo School of Law
- Feb 27, 2014 Indie Film Clinic Clients to Screen at 2014 SXSW Film Festival