B.A. 2002, Tufts University
J.D. 2005, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Areas of Expertise
Aaron Wright is an expert in corporate and intellectual property law, with extensive experience in Internet and new technology issues. He co-founded wiki-based website ArmchairGM, which was sold to Wikia, Inc., the 17the largest website in the world. At Wikia, he handled a range of legal issues for a rapidly growing start-up, developed and implemented a number of key product features (including the development of an open source search engine), and negotiated several business development deals with leading media companies.
After Wikia, Wright clerked for the Honorable William J. Martini of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey and worked as an associate at several prominent New York law firms, including Patterson Belknap and Jenner & Block. He received his J.D. cum laude from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, where he served as the editor-in-chief of the Cardozo Law Review.
Cardozo School of Law
55 Fifth Avenue, Room 929
New York, NY 10003
Aaron Wright in the news
- Apr 27, 2015 NYC, State Plan Tech Partnership With Law Schools
- Apr 24, 2015 A.G. Schneiderman & NYC Corporation Counsel Carter Join Forces With Premier Law School Clinics Aiding Tech Entrepreneurs
- Apr 24, 2015 Attorney General Schneiderman to Partner with Cardozo Law to Help Start-Ups
- Mar 25, 2015 3D Printing Adds New Dimension to Intellectual Property Law
- Mar 25, 2015 Fashion Tech: More Tech or Fashion?
- Dec 3, 2014 Video: Cardozo Law's Clinical Program Brings Law to Life
- Oct 15, 2014 Benjamin Lawsky Speaks at Cardozo Law: News Roundup
- Oct 15, 2014 Recording of "Regulating Digital Currency: BitLicense and the Internet of Value" with Benjamin Lawsky
- Oct 14, 2014 Aaron Wright, Director of Tech Startup Clinic, Goes In-Depth on Bitcoin on This Week in Law Podcast
- Oct 13, 2014 Cardozo School of Law Launches Technology-Focused Programs, Tech Talks Series