Thank you, Cardozo alumni, for hiring Cardozo students!
We appreciate when alumni hire our students, whether for full-time permanent or part-time school year or summer positions. In this job market, we need your help, and we want to honor those who do show loyalty to Cardozo in their hiring. If you have hired a Cardozo student or graduate, let us know. If you have not, but are considering hiring, we are happy to talk to you.
This month we want to thank the Cardozo alumni who have hired 14 of the 17 of our Class of 2013 graduates through Cardozo’s Resident Associate Mentor Program (RAMP), our new job initiative that we launched last August with small and medium-sized law firms and in-house legal departments. For those of you who are not familiar with RAMP, the program is a one year legal residency that enables law firms or legal departments that might not otherwise hire recent graduates do so at a fellowship salary, thereby gaining needed assistance in their practice, and at the same time mentoring and training newly minted lawyers. In return, Cardozo meets monthly with the Resident Associates, offers free CLE programs to all RAMP participants, and other professional development programs for RAMP participants through our Center for Professional Development.
A huge thank you to all of the RAMP employers who hired Class of 2013 Cardozo graduates—without whom we could not have had such a successful launch of the program:
- Ted Slevin ’13, Kagan Lubic Lepper Finkelstein & Gold, Jack Lepper ’90
- Rachel Katz ’13, Kagan Lubic Lepper Finkelstein & Gold, Jack Lepper ’90
- Evan Kaufman ’13, Kagan Lubic Lepper Finkelstein & Gold, Jack Lepper ’90
- Nicholas DelGaudio ’13, Ruderman & Glickman, Ellen Horn ’90
- Ashley Fleishman ’13, Kudman Trachten Aloe, William Hammond ’90
- Jarryd Werts ’13, Leason Ellis, Peter Sloan ’94
- Khristoph Becker ’13, Meiselman, Packman, Nealon, Scialabba & Baker, Todd Garber ’02
- Jason Rozovsky ’13, Sterling Infosystems, William Greenblatt ’82
- Jessica Blumert ’13, Diamonds International, Elchonon Shagalov ’10
- Julie Geifman ’13, Wildes & Weinberg, Michael Wildes ’89
- Brandon Sherman ’13, Spizz Cohen & Serchuk, Janice Grubin ’87
- Emily Veale ’13, Siegel & Siegel, Sharon Siegel ’93
- Kyle Epstein ’13, German Rubinstein, Steven German ’99
- Joelle Keypour ’13, Ferro, Kuba, Mangano, Sklyar
- Christian Conti ’13, Ferro, Kuba, Mangano, Sklyar
- Jessie Maihos ’13, IBM Corporation
- Loraine Peone ’13, Halperin & Halperin, Steven Halperin ’87, and Jeffrey Weiskopf ’06
A separate thank you to Pomerantz LLP, Gustavo Bruckner ’92, who hired two Class of 2013 graduates after hearing about them through the RAMP program: Alla Zayenchik ’13 and C. Dov Berger ’13.
If you are interested in learning more about RAMP and perhaps hiring a 2014 graduate, Dean Matthew Diller is hosting a dinner on June 9th, from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m., at Cardozo, in the Dean’s Conference Room 1008. We welcome all thoughts and ideas, as we continue to expand RAMP and further refine the program details. OCS Dean Marcia Levy (email@example.com), and Assistant Director of Career Services, Emilia Naccarato Roll (firstname.lastname@example.org), are available anytime should you be interested in learning more about RAMP, or other ways in which you can be involved with the Cardozo community.
In addition to finding permanent employment opportunities for our class of 2014 graduates, we are always interested in finding semester and summer internship (part-time or full-time) opportunities, or even single projects where you could use a Cardozo student’s assistance. If you have any short-term or summer positions available, you can post your position directly on our website job form.